I did make December's as well, though, so I am now officially up to date. Just in time for it to all go to pot in the New Year.
And speaking of the New Year, I have decided to join Rebecca and Jess in their fabric fast. I have more quilting fabric than I could ever use and it is getting silly. The eagle eyed among you may have spotted my deliberate use of the word "quilting" a moment ago. My main exception to the fast will be buying fabric for dressmaking purposes - I figure that I would normally buy clothes, so this is an "instead of" rather than an "as well as". That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
So these are my goals and rules (amended slightly from the original post):
- Use my bloody stash, already!
- Finish WIPs.
- Destash the fabric that I am never going to use.
- No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
- At 6 months re-evaluate and decide whether to keep going for full year.
- Backings (unless there is something in the stash that will work).
- Dressmaking fabric.
- Notions, but not books. I already have way too many quilt books.