Mum had a very specific size in mind (60 inches square, to sit on top of her double bed), so the pattern needed to be altered slightly. I didn't fully appreciate how complicated that would be until I actually sat down to work it out - there are a LOT of triangles in the borders, all of which have to be precisely the right length. Pythagoras was not helping. In the end I used freezer paper to foundation piece two of the borders. I've had the roll of freezer paper sitting on a shelf for (literally) years, and never used it before now, but I have to say that it is brilliant. Just the right amount of stickiness, it's resuable, and the length of the roll made piecing long borders a breeze.
|I promise that it is square, I just couldn't get far enough away to get a proper photo!|
Also this week, I finally managed to get around to making the other half of a pair of socks, the first of which I knitted two years ago. I am pleased to say that I now have a total of three completed socks, after knitting the second one way too small. Grrrr. If anyone happens to know a ten-year-old with only one foot who would like a single sock, please let me know.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced